These condo units do not qualify for financing as individual units because of the overall owner occupancy factor within the complex. But by offering at least 3 of them for sale as a group, I can get them financed as income property.
So, while I don’t like to use the term “triplex” because it is misleading, as an investment that is what I am offering.
If you’re shopping for a mortgage right now, chances are you’ve heard a lot of opinions about how much you should spend on a down payment. Many people think that the more you can spend on a down payment the better, but there are some factors at play that may dissuade you from making a large down payment. Keep reading to find out what it really means to make a small or large down payment on a home.Read More Investment News
For our July Property of the Month, I have selected Dutch Brothers Coffee in Redmond Oregon, because it represents the ideal situation for those investors who are looking to make a start in this field of passive real estate investments.
- It is: Priced at just under $1.5 million
- It is: new construction (2017)
- The lease is for 15 years with 4 – 5 year options to renew
- It is an absolute triple net ground lease, which means the landlord has no responsibilities at all.
- It offers a 5.3% return on your initial investment.
- Income increases 3% per year to cover inflation.
- Dutch Brothers is the largest privately held drive thru coffee company in the United States
- The area has seen a ten-fold increase in population in the past 7 years.